Everyone gets that feeling from time to time. You know the one I mean. You walk in the door after a long day, your stomach empty and your mind full. You are NOT in the mood to cook. Besides, you didn’t pull anything out of the freezer anyway. Now, you could order some takeout, but that involves pants and going back out. You could order delivery, but that involves cold food, pants, or a possible lawsuit due to your lack of pants.
Or, you could whip up something quick. Like this guacamole double cheeseburger and fries. No need to get fancy. There is no shame in frozen french fries and premade frozen burgers. Judge all you want, some days are frozen food days. But don’t let the freezer get your spirits down. A weary mind has convenient instructions right on the container. All you have to do is toss a little spice on those fries and follow the directions. I personally enjoy black ground pepper and powdered chili pepper, but to each their own.
Simple Hand Mashed Guacamole:
- 2 Avocados, halved with the pit removed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Lime (juiced) for this I used bottled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1tsp Cilantro Leaves
- Dice up your red bell pepper smaller for a smoother texture, larger for a chunkier texture
- In order to halve you avocados I cut lengthwise until I hit the pit then rotate the knife around. Then twist as if opening a jar. Using a tablespoon scoop out the insides and remove the pit (this part can get messy). Using a potato masher begin smashing the avocados into a paste while slowly adding the lime juice (juice not only makes it easier to make into a paste but preserves the avocado as it will begin oxidize and turn brown).
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in cilantro leaves
- Once the guacamole is at the desired texture mix in the peppers and refrigerate for up to 1 hour or serve immediately
- Serve and enjoy!
Keep in mind you can add in whatever you want to your guacamole. Common favorites are:
- Diced tomatoes
- Red onions
Also for a very creamy texture put your avocados in a food processor instead of mixing by hand.
Now throw some cheese and guacamole on those burgers and have yourself a yummy meal!