It may be summer, but this chili is never out of season.
There is nothing better than some home cooking, especially when you’re in need of a filling meal in just 7 easy steps.
What you’ll need
- 2lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 28oz Stewed Tomatoes
- 28oz Diced Tomatoes
- 15.5oz Pinto Beans- Drained
- 15.5oz Black Bean- Drained
- 15.5oz Red Kidney Beans- Drained
- 2tbs Ancho Chili Powder
- 2tbs Chipotle Chili Powder
- 2tbs Red Chili Powder
- 2tsp Paprika
- 2tsp Cayanne Pepper
- 2tsp Ground Black Table Pepper
- 2tsp Salt
- 1tbs Coffee Grounds
Cook Time -1 hr 15 minutes+
- In a small bowl mix together Ancho Chili Powder, Chipotle Chili Powder, Red Chili Powder, Paprika, Cayanne Pepper, Salt and Pepper and mix up well
- In a large skillet cook ground beef over medium high heat until it begins to brown and fat begins to render. For very lean beef you may need to add a little water or beef broth to moisten meat. Once meat has been browned mix in half of the pepper mixture so that it evenly coats all the meat. Set the reamining half aside. Continue to cook until the fluids have reduced significantly. Remove from heat and drain any remaining fat.
- Add the coffee grounds to the remaining pepper mixture.
- In a large cooking pot add the meat, tomatoes with water and the drained beans and cook over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Once the chili has started to bubble add in the remaining seasoning mixture and stir well. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer chili for up to an hour to allow all the flavors to begin to blend together. Do not boil as this will scorch and ingredients at the bottom and stir frequently.
- Melt in your favorite cheese (smoked gouda and a 4 cheese mexican blend are pictured).
- Serve and Enjoy!