Fall is finally upon us but in case you want to give summer a final farewell or are just in denial here is a great summer recipe.
What you’ll need
- 1 package of venison sausage (we used D’artagnan with cherries and ancho chilies)
- 3 Bell Peppers (we used one red, one yellow and one orange)
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 bottle of beer (wheat gives a nice summer taste)
- 1 small cucumber sliced thin
- Olive oil
- 1tsp fresh chopped mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook Time: 15 minutes plus prep
- Prepare your salad by cutting your peppers and cucumber into thin slices. Also take this time to chop your mint and garlic.
- In a covered pan heat oil over medium high heat and brown sausages on all sides.
- Once sausages are browned pour the beer into the pan and cover. Leave for 8-10 minutes over medium heat.
- While the sausages cook in the beer heat oil in a large pan and add the sliced peppers and garlic. Toss to coat evenly and cook until just warmed through. This should only take a minute. Add salt and pepper to tastes.
- Remove peppers from heat and transfer to a bowl. Toss in cucumbers and mix to coat evenly.
- Plate the salad and sausages and lightly garnish with chopped mint.
- Serve and Enjoy!