With spring and summer on its way here is a great recipe to use for your days catch. It’s easy, fun, full of flavor and covered in bacon.
Dinner for 2+
What you’ll need
- Two whole river trout, cleaned and dressed
- Four strips of bacon per trout
- One sprig of fresh rosemary per trout
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 475 degrees.
- While the oven is heating up place a sprig of rosemary and a pinch of both salt and pepper inside each trout. Lightly salt and pepper the outside as well.
- Lay out four strips of bacon overlapping slightly and place your trout on top. Tuck the ends of the bacon strips into the cut in the fish to keep it all together and roll them up.
- Place your trout on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and place on the middle rack of your oven. Bake for 20 minutes flipping half way through.
- Serve and Enjoy!